Decorators are one of the elegant features of the Python programming language. They are heavily used in modern libraries and frameworks to create elegant APIs.
This workshop introduces Python decorators starting from the functional programming concepts to writing practical decorators using lot of examples and exercises.
At the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- understand how decorators work
- appreciate how decorators are applied in the libraries and frameworks that you use
- build beautiful abstractions using decorators
- improve code readability and reusability using techniques learnt
- Ability to write functions in Python
- Good knowledge of basic data types in Python (int, str, lists, tuples)
- Exposure to classes in Python
- Experience of using modules from Python standard library
October 22 & 23, 2016
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM IST
- Introduction to Functions in Python
- Functions that take functions as arguments
- Functions returning functions
- Introduction to Decorators
- Decorators that take arguments
- Decorator Patterns
- Building a simple web framework using decorators
Anand is a software consultant and trainer based in Visakhapatnam. He has over 13 years of experience in architecting and developing variety of software applications. He is co-author of web.py, a micro web framework in Python. He has worked at Strand Life Sciences and Internet Archive.