Decorators are one of the elegant features of the Python programming language. They are heavily used in modern libraries and frameworks to create elegant APIs.
This workshop introduces Python decorators starting from the functional programming concepts to writing practical decorators using lot of examples and exercises.
At the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to:
- understand how decorators work
- appreciate how decorators are applied in the libraries and frameworks that you use
- build beautiful abstractions using decorators
- improve code readability and reusability using techniques learnt
- Ability to write functions in Python
- Good knowledge of basic data types in Python (int, str, lists, tuples)
- Exposure to classes in Python
- Experience of using modules from Python standard library
November 21 & 22, 2020
2:00 PM - 06:00 PM IST
- Introduction to Functions in Python
- Functions that take functions as arguments
- Functions returning functions
- Introduction to Decorators
- Decorators that take arguments
- Decorator Patterns
- Building a simple web framework using decorators
Anand has been crafting beautiful software since two decades. He has strong product development experience with deep insights in system design, scalability, and developer experience. He has co-authored web.py, a micro web framework in Python, built Open Library at the Internet Archive, created a machine learning platform at Rorodata, trained hundreds of engineers through his deep-dive courses.